Overview of the role:
Primestaff are working with our international leisure industry leader to recruit for one of their businesses based in North West of the UK. Looking to recruit sales driven Business Unit Manger with experience in wholesale to lead from the front and drive the business into profitable success. You will be driven, professional, sales focussed and have the ability to influence at all levels.
Commercial Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare sales and cost budgets and deliver on sales targets
• Implement and lead structured account management/direct sales teams to better maintain and develop existing and new customer relationships
• Conduct frequent expense reviews, keeping close controls on sales costs and supplier appraisals
• Assist in the creation of, and be responsible for the achievement of KPI’s, targets and objectives for all commercial departments – developing appropriate incentives & promotions to nurture engagement
• Compile, analyse and provide sales and target reports to relevant stakeholders, fellow management and the board.
Management Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee all commercial staff development, directing internal appraisal system
• Improve inter-departmental communication with purchasing and trade teams to ensure less missed opportunities and better inventory planning
• Recruit, train and develop new staff to grow existing teams
• The manager will provide direction and guidance to subordinates, which includes putting up working standards and monitoring performance.
• P&L (sales, margin, costs, EBIT).
• Sales development.
• Improvement of the products and services range.
• Price policy.
• Key purchases (sourcing, supplier selection, negotiation).
• Stock level.
• Staff management (skills, efficiency, recruiting, training, salaries…)
• Logistics efficiency (service to the customers and warehouse productivity).
• Safety and security (people, building, goods).
Skills and experience required:
• A high degree of professional integrity and commitment required to lead from the front and set a positive and professional example to all stakeholders in line with company values and rules
• Capable, proven team leadership, motivation and man-management skills
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’, entrepreneurial attitude
• Well rounded, reasoned communicator who is not prone to rash judgements or decisions
• Strong organisational skills with ability to set priorities, complete tasks without supervision and meet deadlines
• Strategic vision for the company / Good understanding of the customer and supplier markets / Ability to make deals / Ability to manage the staff / Rigorous and reactive management (significant flow of goods) / Total probity (important because of the decentralization of our Group).
• Strong business/commercial acumen with strong understanding of P & L
• Excellent leadership qualities, a ‘people person’ with previous experience of managing a sales team and the ability to build positive personal relationships – both with customers, vendors and colleagues alike
• Key experience with driving and motivating teams in a wholesale sales environment
• Highly proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the internet
• BSc/Masters in business administration or similar
• Formal management training or qualifications
• Wholesale Sales & Marketing B2B Trading background
• No foreign language is necessary but German, Italian or French would be a small plus
What our client can offer:
Competitive Salary + max 20% bonus (from the first full fiscal year in the company) + company car.
Apply online today in order to be considered, or please call Kristy Sewell on 07563381973/ Email KSewell@primestaff.co.uk for further details about this opportunity. For further details or for other vacancies similar to this, please visit our website www.primestaff.co.uk or why not join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/primestaffengland or follow us on Twitter: @Primestaff_UK