We are looking for a CNC Machinist who will be responsbile for working proactively in a team environment to ensure high levels of production and machining accuracy to internal and external specifications. Impact positively on process capability and reliability to achieve optimum on time delivery of product.
1. Ensure that any work undertaken is completed in a safe manner and that equipment is left in a safe condition.
2. Set up, adjust, and operate all of machine tools and many specialised or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
3. Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
4. Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
5. Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
6. Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
7. Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
8. Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
9. Participate in project work.
10. Source materials and parts required.
11. Complete and maintain Company records. Record work undertaken.
12. Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, skill and experience required fall within a post holder’s expected capability and commensurate with the post holder’s position in the company.
£11.50 per hour basis pay. Hours and overtime rates are as follows:
This is a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right candidate. Candidate requirements:
Apply online today in order to be considered, or please call for further details about this opportunity. For further details or for other vacancies similar to this, please visit our website www.primestaff.co.uk or why not join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/primestaffengland or follow us on Twitter: @Primestaff_UK