Overview of the role:
Primestaff are working with our well-established manufacturing business based in Corby to recruit for a full or part Qualified Financial accountant. Preparing and analysing financial reports in line with the compliance policy and meeting company deadlines. Assisting with the day to day functions of the department in providing an efficient and accurate finance function within the business. This will be a fixed term contract for 6-12th months with potential of further employment in the future.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
• Maintaining, interpreting and reporting timely and accurate financial data
• Involvement in month end process including stock valuation, preparing accruals, analysing variances, preparing reports and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Preparing and managing the fixed asset register
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Adhere to and promote the compliance policy, financial regulations and legislation
• Continual review of processes to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
• Assisting with cashflow forecasts and reporting
• Supporting in the production and review of the annual statutory accounts
• Assist with statutory requirements including yearend, taxation and audit
• Provide support and cover for credit control, purchase ledger and payroll to cover during times of absence.
• Cover Finance and Management meetings in the absence of the Finance Manager
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and undertake projects as required
Skills and experience required:
• Part qualified through either ACCA or CIMA.
• Advanced Excel Skills including Lookups and Pivots
• Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to specific deadlines
• Understanding the importance of integrity and confidentiality
• Able to communicate with all members of the business
• Can exercise independent judgement and leadership
• A team player, prepared to help with all tasks
• Experience working within a manufacturing environment
• Previous experience using Navision, SAGE Payroll and Hyperion would be a distinct advantage
Monday – Friday Full time
What our client can offer:
Competitive Salary, Supported qualification package, pension, annual leave, free parking
Apply online today in order to be considered, unfortunately due to the volume of applications for this role, we may be unable to respond to every application, all other CVs will be held on file for future positions. For further details or for other vacancies similar to this, please visit our website www.primestaff.co.uk or why not join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/primestaffengland or follow us on Twitter: @Primestaff_UK