Our client is looking to recruit a Support Worker on a permanent basis (30hrs) in the East Renfrewshire area to assist vulnerable service users to live ordinary lives. The successful candidate will be responsible for signposting service users towards opportunities and a meaning lifestyle.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
• Checking service users’ needs and progress
• Providing personal care, which could include bathing, toileting, dressing and feeding
• Teaching daily living skills like budgeting, shopping, swimming and claiming benefits
• Providing leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting
• Helping service users to deal with problems and become independent
• Talking with service users families and arranging family and home visits
• You’ll also be expected to keep accurate records and write reports. These may be used in case reviews and future care plans.
In order to be considered for this position you must:
• Have a person centred approach
• Excellent communication skills, motivation and the ability to work under pressure
• Recent care sector experience
• Experience of and willingness to carry out personal care
• An SVQ2/3 in Health and Social Care or a commitment to undertake an SVQ
• Please note that all successful applicants will undergo reference checking, PVG’s checks and SSSC registration.